The importance of Search Engine Optimisation
Let’s explore all the reasons for essential optimisation strategies. In the end, an optimisation strategy is essential to achieve many of your business and marketing goals. A well-planned optimisation strategy can help build a better relationship with your audience, improve their experience with your brand, drive more visitors to your site and increase conversions, which means more sales and growth for your business. But Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is simply not about search engine rankings anymore… it goes deeper than that. Optimisation of your website and content has a direct effect on all your digital campaigns and the outcomes of them.
Search Engine Optimisation is not something that is done in a day and left for dead. That being said, optimization is an ongoing process that that never ends, and your strategy should continuously improve. The moment you take a break or stop the optimization process, your entire digital campaign will be affected, and your competitor might just steal the show. These are some of the essential optimization strategies to consider when running a digital marketing campaign for your business:
- Keyword research can make or break your campaign.
- Keywords are nothing without content.
- Landing pages should produce leads – be sure your visitor knows where to go and what to click.
- Backlinks should be a priority – anchor text and keywords go together.
- Meta tags on every single page and image.
- Mobile friendly – If it’s not responsive, then you’re losing most of your audience.
- Be sure to provide search engines with a sitemap of what’s going on throughout your website, especially if you have lost of content pages.
- Don’t forget the importance of a Robots file. You don’t want search engines looking around your admin pages for content.
- Your page loading speed could have a direct effect on your performance if your pages are loading too slow.
So, keep in mind that optimization is not only for Search Engine rankings anymore, it plays an important role in digital marketing campaigns. All digital campaigns should direct users back to your website to complete the process of generating leads – this process, off course, should be tracked on all levels, by using all the tools provided by Google. Tip: be sure to make use of Google Goals and Conversion tracking, and Campaign URL builder.
Digital Director, qhorr Digital Marketing