Original Article: Google Webmasters Tools
SEO is an acronym for Search Engine Optimization and to hire a search engine optimizer should improve your website. Many SEO companies and consultants provide useful services for website owners, including:
- Review of your site content or structure
- Content development
- Management of online business development campaigns
- Keyword research
- SEO training
- Expertise in specific markets and geographies.
Keep in mind that the Google search results includes Organic Search Results and Paid Advertisement as well. Google does NOT accept money to rank websites in the Organic search results.
Free Google resources such as Webmaster Tools and the official Webmaster Central blog can provide SEO’s with information about how to optimize websites for organic search.
It’s best to hire an SEO:
- The earlier the better.
- When you’re considering a site redesign, or planning to launch a new site.
Beware of the following:
- Emails stating: I visited your website and noticed that you are not listed in most of the major search engines and directories…”
- SEO’s that guarantees a #1 ranking on Google
- SEO’s that claim to havae a “special relationship” with Google
- SEO’s that won’t clearly explain what they intend to do
- Guaranteed rankings only on obscure, long keyword phrases
- The power of “free-for-all” links
Your site can be removed entirely from Google’s index.
Paid Advertising with Google won’t have any effect on your site’s presence in the Organic search results.
Read more: Google Webmasters Tools